Welcome to Jazzy's Flight Deck!

Are you a beginner RC airplane flier? If you are, I hope to provide valuable information to help you get off the ground! RC flying can be very frustrating, and this is quite normal, so don't let it stop you from enjoying this wonderful hobby! Once you get your plane up there, I promise you will be happy you did it! Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see here or if you have any questions.

Aircraft listed in bold now have mini-reviews and/or videos.

Over and out!
Jasmine
jasmine2501 at "don'tspamme" netzero dot com

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blade CP Pro



E-Flite Blade CP Pro with carbon fiber main and tail blades, and metal swash plate. Also, I set this up to fly with my Spektrum DX7, and it flies a little better with the expo and other features of the DX7 radio.

2 comments:

Evoka0 said...

First of all congrats for your blog, it's been helpful, and also for your blade cp pro it´s a beauty.
I saw a comment of yours in youtube about the blade cp pro that it has trouble flying at 5000ft, could you explain further? is this a first hand experience?

Jasmine said...

Thanks! Yes, it had trouble getting off the ground after only a few minutes of flight. In order to fix the problem, I had to install the Spektrum receiver, hook it up to my DX7, and increase the pitch range of the blades. E-Flite has it set up for +12 to -12 degrees and you can't change it. I think I have it around +/- 14 degrees now, and I tweaked the throttle and pitch curves to give me more throttle and pitch at an 'earlier time' - this all gives me much better thrust control up here, and the expo and other features of the DX7 make the chopper a bit easier to fly overall - it's not so sensitive near the center of the sticks.